IMI National Training Director Robert Arnold along with other IMI staff were sponsored by National Geographic to help construct a scaled down version of Brunelleschi’s Dome in Flor ence, Italy for a program on the engineering of the world’s largest brick dome. “NOVA’s Great Cathedral Mystery” produced by National Geographic Television in association with Camera One Productions premieres on PBS February 12, 2014.
Click HERE to see a promo of the show.No comments
Engineering Masonry Partition Walls Just Got Easier!
The new software tool accessed by clicking the link below provides designers with the opportunity to engineer masonry interior partitions with simple input but with results that come from a rigorous engineering analysis.
The program offers options for:
- Unreinforced or Reinforced Concrete Masonry Units
- Unreinforced Clay Brick Units
- Compliance with IBC 2009 or IBC 2012 Allowable Stress Design provisions
- Three support conditions – Vertical, Horizontal and Cantilever
- Input of Vertical loads, Horizontal Uniform loads, Horizontal Concentrated loads
- Input for all Risk Categories as well as Egress Stairways
- Input for all seismic design categories
Options can be changed and compared quickly, and easily, permitting the designer to optimize the wall system in minutes.
To access the program, click on this link: http://www.imiweb.org/partitionwall/